We are proud to be sponsoring Southampton University Spaceflight Society‘s altitude record attempt: to break the F-class motor altitude record (4386 ft).
Over the next year, they will be constructing a rocket with research being done in a few key areas relating to the rocket such as aerodynamics, structure, materials, recovery of the rocket, stability and strength at speeds greater than Mach 1 and solid rocket motors.
Success Criteria will include:
- Construction of a strong and lightweight rocket
- Testing this design using smaller motors to lower altitudes
- Making the top three altitude records for F-class motors
- Breaking the current record of 4368 feet
- Demonstrating the reusability of the rocket over a period of time